District Lodge Golden Gate #12 provides educational support to its members through the District Scholarship program. Scholarship awards are available to Vasa members who meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants must be members of District Golden Gate 12 Vasa Order of America for at least two years prior to the application deadline based upon their initiation date.
2. Applicants must be accepted by or enrolled in a full-time program at an institution of higher learning. This includes both university-level and post-secondary vocational programs. Funds are transmitted directly to the institution’s scholarship office for disbursement.
The District Scholarship may be awarded a maximum of two times to the same recipient.
The following materials must be submitted to support your application; all material must be postmarked by April 1, the year of the application.
1. The completed application form.
2. A letter from your local lodge secretary confirming your initiation date and describing the activities you have participated in at your lodge.
3. A one-page essay describing of your Vasa activities, community service, leadership skills, or other talents. Include awards received and other important life experiences.
4. An official, most recent grade transcript (or transcripts) must be mailed directly to to the District Scholarship Chairman from your school’s records or administrative office.
If you have received a District Scholarship in the past, a brief report on your college experiences would be appreciated.
Scholarship awards will be announced at the District Convention in April. Award checks will be mailed to the institution where the student is enrolled or has been accepted for enrollment. Award Certificates will be presented at Sweden Day, and Scholarship awardees are encouraged to attend this traditional District celebration.
The application deadline is April 1. Early applications are encouraged!
Local lodges Scholarships